I am a mother and I still have a mother and I know many of you are mothers. I am thinking about Mother’s Day partly from bitterness and anger. My son got another package in the mail this afternoon. He keeps buying things for himself. Mostly clothing because it means less clothes to wash. I know how crazy that sounds and my family keeps talking to him about it but it’s been a month and I don’t think he fully understands at 18 the value of saving and buying things out of necessity. My other son is doing the same but at a different house since he is older and has a busy life. I don’t know where it comes from because I am so frugal. Maybe because they are young and trying to be adults. I don’t know.
But as I am thinking in the quiet with the laptop charging up…my kids better not get me flowers this year! I don’t need flowers during this quarantine! Then I thought….but what about the flower shop needing business. Well I hope there are better things at that shop than flowers. Not that I don’t like flowers but right now, everything must be useful and necessary. Flowers are not the necessity of life right now.
So I thought I should think about some top gifts to give your mother during a pandemic. Maybe a birthday. Maybe for any female you know! If you have a good idea, let me know and I will add it. Email me or comment below the post.
- ) Bath items – Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, Brushes, Towels…. even better when they are handmade or bought from a person who makes them or sells them locally. And please nothing from China.
- ) Food – I seriously think about my family before myself and they have no idea that I would love to have a jar of preserves or a bag of cookies but right now we are on a strict grocery list of things we need, not want. The ingredients to make some cookies would be nice, too.
- ) PayPal me – No need to get me a gift card. I don’t want anything from Target, Walmart or Starbucks. I am boycotting everything….LOL.
- ) Container Gardening items – A pretty pot with a stand. Nothing plastic. And some seedlings of useful herbs or lettuce with potting soil. I don’t have a garden but I have a front porch and just imagining it is a nice thought.
- ) A Kindle. – It would be nice to read some books without adding any clutter to the house.
- ) Make the family dinner. All of us including Grandma and Grandpa and find out what they can eat because the doctor restricts them from eating normal food. A BBQ would be nice, too. Don’t forget the watermelon and lemonade. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday because of the BBQ family get together. A Mother’s Day one would be nice, too!
- ) Birkenstock Shoes – Have you seen the price of those? My, my, my. But if you get me a pair, I promise I will smile more. LOL.
One more thing, I want to ask if you are doing OK and all is well with you? I am OK and with my family and all is well here. I can’t wait until this is over, though!