If you know how to knit, let’s prepare ourselves or encourage someone we know with a pair of socks to look forward to the time we go back to work!
I am not saying to go against health guidelines but let’s look forward to the day we are free to leave our at-home-quarantine.
I have been posting how to knit videos and how to knit sock videos on Twitter and some people already know how to knit socks. It’s hard to have a KAL with so many levels of knitters and there are crocheters that prefer to only crochet. Maybe you can’t do it now but perhaps you can do this KAL in the future, who knows?
- Use the pattern by Patons Yarns called ‘You Better Work Knit Socks‘. The free pattern is from Yarnspirations. They have a Youtube tutorial video for this, too!
- Use fingering or sport sock yarn to get a gauge of 7 stitches and 9 rows per inch. If you use the suggested Patons Kroy Socks Yarn, please use the hashtags #Yarnspirations or #patonskroysocks when posting a pic of your final project on social media. You can even upload the pic on the Yarnspirations website on the bottom of the page.
- Use 3 colors. They don’t have to be the same colors although they would be nice. The iconic single stripe against a contrasting background for this look is important. If it for a man and an office job, perhaps you can add the contrasting stripe near the toe so no one can see it since it is in the shoe.
- The length can be altered. It’s almost summer. You might want shorter socks.
- They are not lounge socks and will actually go in a shoe. It would be great if you can wear them to work when this quarantine is over. That is why I did not add the similar pattern in a thicker yarn by Bernat.
- There is no ending date believe it or not. People can join in a year or more from now if they want! When you are done, please post it for us to see! You can post on my Pinterest page if you want. You just press the ‘Add Photo’ button. I suggested some other yarns there as well. My hashtag for my KALs and CALs is #jitproject for any social media website.
If you are a crocheter and want to make similar socks in the same colors and yarn, Yarnspirations has a free sock pattern in crochet.
If you want to make this knit sock for a baby or toddler Yarnspirations has a pattern called ‘Work It Out, Baby!‘.
Add questions to the comment area or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to.
4-29-20 Just bought my yarn. I shopped to get all 3 colors for the lowest price. Please see YarnShop4U on Etsy where each skein was $4.99. I also got those thin small light bulb shaped removable stitch markers for $1.65. Beat that!
5/10/20 – I still haven’t gotten my yarn yet! But I already started making a low-cut pattern for this look. Here is the draft. When I get the yarns for this and maybe another colorway, I will make them and put the finalized pattern up on LoveCrafts.